Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Blue Superman


I could not, would not, in JLA.




I will not, will not, with the Ray.




I will not read him in a plane.




I will not read him with Bruce Wayne.




Not with giants!




Not very small!




Not as a chick!




No not at all!



I do not like him fighting Lex.




I do not like him, nor his specs.




I will not read him in the sky.




I do not like him with... this guy.




I do not like him red and blue.




I do not like him. WHY WOULD YOU?!



I do not like Blue Superman!




I do not like him, Sam-I-am.


(with a hat tip to Shane Bailey and apologies to Dr. Seuss)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very clever! The aimless Superman books of the mid to late 90's deserve an infinite amount of scorn (not Scorn, the lame supporting character), and your Seussy slam definitely fills the bill.

SallyP said...

Yup...that pretty much sums it all up.

Anonymous said...

Genius, sheer genius...

CalvinPitt said...

I would probably read him with the Ray, but that's because of the Ray.

Otherwise, yeah, I wouldn't go near that Superman.

Steven said...

Heh, confession time:

I DO like Blue Superman.

Not the storyline itself (it was pretty pointless) but there were some fun Superman stories written at that time, like Clark and Lois going to a masquerade as Batman and Robin, Luthor's rather brilliant explanation of why he shouldn't go to jail for blowing up Metropolis, and the "death" of Mr. Mxyzptlk, leading to one of the all-time great splash pages. And gosh darnit, I liked Scorn.

And if you don't like Grant Morrison's run on JLA (in which Blue Superman features heavily), well then, you're a communist!

Or, as Sam would say:

You do not like him.

So you say.

Try him! Try him!

And you may.

Try him and you may, I say.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome.

JOHNNY ZITO said...

With the right colorist Tom Grummet is awesome.

texascheeseman said...

Greatness!

puff