Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Great Responsibility

It's the anniversary of Roe v. Wade. In honor of my sister, the most fervent defender of a woman's right to control her own biological destiny I know, I feel obligated to post something to explain my own views on such a simple but divisive issue. But then I read Ragnell:

As an adult, I can't be anything other than pro-choice, because adults make decisions. And adults don't make other's decisions for them.
And I realized I didn't really have anything else to say.

Yeah, I know that linking to Written World is something like spitting in the ocean, but if you are somehow reading me and NOT already reading one of the smartest, funniest comics critics on the net, you really must. Because for every insightful, deep reading of the text like the one above, she throws in one like this to remind us why women REALLY read comics.

2 comments:

Ragnell said...

Okay, you're making me self-conscious.

Harvey Jerkwater said...

How wrong is it that, as this is a comic blog, the first thing that I thought when I saw the post was "ROM versus Wade?"

Man, that'd get comics on CNN again.

"ROM Vs. Wade: Defending a Spaceknight's Right to Kick Ass!"

Well, it'd need a better tagline, but you get the idea.